2022 PSAC Yukon Mobilization Summit
“Organize for Success”
September 12, 2022 9am to 5pm
Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre – Whitehorse, YT
PSAC Whitehorse is pleased to invite Yukon members to join us for our first face-to-face event since 2019, in an engaging opportunity to connect with Yukon members in person!
The 2022 PSAC Yukon Mobilization Summit takes place Monday, September 12, 2022, 9 AM – 5.00 PM at the Kwanlin Dün Cultural Centre – Whitehorse, YT. This will be an in-person event.
By the end of this Summit, participants will:
- Be familiar with and have confidence in taking action in the virtual world: peer-to-peer texting, calling action tools, social media
- Have participated in building and testing regional strike structures and identified themselves and their co-workers as potential picket captains
- Know how to have hard one-on-one conversations about going on strike
- Have brainstormed and planned what a strike looks like during a pandemic for members’ workplaces
Summit participants will take part in one of four workshops on the main themes for this round of bargaining:
- Equity in the Workplace;
- Work / Life Balance;
- People vs Profits – Building a Strong Public Sector; or
- Fair Wages
Most importantly, workshops around having hard conversations about the possibility of strike, what striking looks like during a pandemic, and firming up our strike structures in preparation, will also take place.
If you are willing to fight for improvements to your collective agreement, we welcome your registration!
Registration deadline is Friday August 19, 4pm Yukon time.